Monday, December 19, 2011

Manic Monday: Christmas Crafts Continued!

Alright, on to craft number two: salt.
Salt? You say.
Yes, salt. 
Seasoned salt and Italian Herb Salt.
Ohhhh the deliciousness. 
You can taste it can't you? 
It's glorious! 


This is Seasoned Salt. The original recipe I found here. It contains both salt recipes. 
Superbly easy and definitely tasty with no added fillers or gunk. At least, depending on where you get your spices! 

Seasoned Salt:
Ingredients:
1/2 cup Kosher salt
1 Tbs. fresh ground pepper
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. ground red pepper

Instructions:
Stir all ingredients together.
Makes a 1/2 pint jar.

Exhausting and labor intensive right? Right. 
I know. 

Isn't it pretty?

Next up, Italian Herb Salt. This one, oh, it smells divine. 


Italian Herb Salt:
Ingredients:
1/2 cup Kosher salt
4 Tbs. oregano
4 Tbs. basil
4 Tbs. thyme
1 Tbs. crushed red pepper flakes
1 Tbs. fresh ground black pepper

Instructions: 
Stir all ingredients together.
Makes 2 jars, 1/2 pint each.

Again, so labor intensive. How we will fit this into our day? 
This, this is the kind of recipe I love. 
Ingredients I always have on hand and 2 steps. 
Bada boom, bada bing. 


To take this to the next step, I added personalized labels to the top. 
Secured with my handy homemade modge podge. 


I got the labels free from a free printable website! Score. 


These will be modge podged onto the body of the jars themselves to label each salt. 
Also a score from aforementioned website. 

I will be sad to give these ones away because they are oh, so tasty! 

3 comments:

Sara K. said...

Hi Diana -- This is a fabulous idea!! OK, so what would a person use the Italian Seasoning Salt for? Can you give some examples? My dull mommy brain can only think of salting fries... :)

The Wifey said...

Thanks Sara!
I would use it in salad or on fries or roasted potatoes or even in sauces like spaghetti sauce. You could even use it to season chicken. :)

Sara K. said...

Perfect! Yeah, I was wondering about using it in spaghetti sauce too. Good thought on chicken... and roasted potatoes... yum!