Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Wyatt Saga continues ... part 100?

Satan uses every opportunity he can. 
He's like the CEO shark of the underworld. 

He takes the little moments when we weren't watching all of our children and they creatively found something to occupy their time to pick at the wedges in our hearts and the rifts of insecurities in our mothering skills that are in our souls. 

Satan was at work in this house today,
and at work in my heart. 

While I had a productive conversation with my eldest my third child decided to creatively occupy his time with blue shampoo. 
An entire bottle of blue shampoo. 
All over the carpet. 




That's the blue shampoo. Can you see it? 


And that ^ is what happens when you try to clean it up. 


Days like toady make me question a lot of things. 
Things like:
 What is God's purpose for me in raising Super Wy?

Why do we continually go back to the same struggles?

How is it that I can be having a very fruitful conversation with one child while another is down the hall reeking all sorts of havoc? 

How is it that I can "know" the right way to do things and yet I act and react in all the wrong ways?

Where is God's joy and patience and calm when these incidents happen?

How does God continually give grace ... over and over and over ... ?
I can't even seem to muster it enough for my children. 

And this is why we are cautioned against the rulers and authorities of this world and warned that Satan is like a roaring lion, preying on us when he can. 

What a great schemer he is, using our weaknesses and our weakest moments to drive wedges between us and our Creator. 
The Creator who watches our every movement and thinks,
"I'm here, precious child. Right here. In the middle of this mess." 

Today He gently ... oh, who am I kidding? ... 
He smacked me over the head with a 2x4 and reminded me that: 

I need Him 
His life-breath, His joy, His patience, His strength, and His forgiveness
I need to be clothed in Him

He loves
He loves me. Oh, how He loves me. The depth, width, and breadth of His love are beyond all my human understanding so all I need to do is remember that I'm wrapped in it. I'm drowning in it. 

I have amazing friends. 
Friends that breathe grace into my life, reminding how God loves and forgives and wraps me in His arms 
Arms full of grace

Shampoo is really hard to get out of carpet
Seems like it should be really easy, right? It's not. 



I don't much enjoy days like today when it takes a smack in the face to be reminded of how desperately I need my Savior. It often leaves my face tear-streaked and my heart feeling a bit broken. 
But what a great relief it is to know that He picks up the pieces and bit by bit glues me back together. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

My summary here, Di "welcome to Motherhood"!! and another "day in the life that it represents! :) some days you will question everything, and the WHY's...I just did that AGAIN just the other day in fact...and God kept almost "screaming" back to me...WHY? CUZ THIS IS WHAT I CREATED YOU FOR, DAUGHTER!!:) and also learned BEST way to clean those carpets...hot boiling water, with very minimal Hoover liquid carpet soap...I'm the renowned expert with this in our new home with WHITE carpet, 4 kids and 3 pets (and yes, 2 messy adults to boot)!