Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday Wanderings

It's a wonderful wandering type of Wednesday. 

A day to wander ...
through the Word

through some books

through some pictures

through some thoughts

Here are today's wandering thoughts ...
- I've been wondering the last two days about why, when I read aloud to my children and 10 in the morning, am I fighting nodding off in the middle of the story? I suppose I should probably go to bed before midnight if I insist on setting my alarm for 5:48am. Yes, that's the actual time it's set for.

- How do I go forth trying to organize and de-clutter when I feel like we just did that and yet we still have shelves overflowing with things and boxes and bins already full to the brim. And with so very little actual storage space to store necessary items?
I would very much like to throw everything outside and really see what we need and don't need.

- I have consistently had my carpets vacuumed once or twice daily for the last 3 weeks and I'm digging it.
A lot.

- I'd really be pleased if I could dress the way I imagine a 26 year old should dress.

- I very much miss my daily walks and the prayer time that they created.

- There's this amazing giveaway going on at Soulographer that you should definitely check out. Especially if you are a photographer and if you ever have a desire to photograph children - she (Skye Hardwick-Edmonds of Work of Heart Photography) has a beyond amazing workbook that she is giving away 3 copies of this week!

- I have this strong desire to paint my toes in bright orange and fuscia but then I look at the price of nail polish and say, "Forget it!"

- I'm struggling with mothering and it feels never ending. I feel like I can't get a handle on my own issues - impatience, inconsistency, and reactive parenting.
I don't want encouraging words or those, "this too shall pass" words of comfort.
I want a kick in the butt.
The kind of kick that comes from someone looking into the daily life you're living and being able to tell you what exactly you need to do and to be there to say, "Is that the right choice right now?"

- And lastly, to embody how I feel lately,
"I can't stop drinking the coffee. If I stop drinking the coffee I stop doing the standing and the walking and the words putting into sentence doing."


Happy Wednesday.
I hope you let yourself wander just a bit today.

1 comment:

Kassi said...

I love the quote on the bottom. It's so my life right now. I love vacuumed carpets too. I like the smell.... It's the only reason I vacuum :P