Friday, March 11, 2011

Project 52: Week 9: Street Life

This week's assignment was street photography. 
I had big dreams. 
But reality, well, reality is 4 children 4 years old and younger with a hubby who works late and isn't home until bedtime. 
Therefore, my desires and ambitions for strolling around the cities' darker places finding those haunting, intriguing images that I think of when I think of "street life" were not in the cards this week. 
And I'm ok with that. 
This photography thing is slow paced for me and that's how it should be right now. 

So, I decided if I wanted to complete this assignment I was going to have to stage it. 
So I dressed the children in old, ripped, ill-fitting clothes and gave them hotdogs to eat by hand, without buns, and sent them outside (in 20* weather) with no shoes, just socks. 
Crazy right? 
Well, we worked fast and they warmed up inside real quickly. :o)

Here are the images I chose from:

Messy faces, dirty socks, snow, garbage. Close to what I was going for but looks staged. 

This was the runner up. I thought it was funny that they were interacting with one another and that Wyatt really wanted to share his hot dog with Emma!

Submission! Who can resist feet? It just felt right to me. 


Someday, I'll hit the streets of Minneapolis and capture real street life, but for now, this is great. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this...I love everything you do...you are so amazing sweet lady!!